Yamaha RX-V685 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
New Heights in Sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Compatibility with these amazing sound technologies creates an extraordinary experience. They deliver breathtakingly rich and realistic surround sound, positioning and moving individual sounds to any virtual point in your room, including objects moving overhead. Experience the overwhelming realistic movement and immersion in videos — right in your home.
4K Ultra HD HDMI Support
Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma. This provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality.
Dual HDMI Outputs
Since the RX-V685 has two HDMI outputs, simultaneous connection to a TV and video projector is possible. Or you can add an additional TV in a common area like a kitchen or patio to watch the same content in two different rooms. HDMI Out 2 will carry an HDMI audio signal to the second TV to provide sound.
Stream Simply—Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay Compatible
Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for music streaming or enjoying networked audio (PC/NAS). Bluetooth connectivity is also included for streaming from Bluetooth devices to your receiver.
CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilizing its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing that vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the acoustic spaces of those concert halls on home equipment. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies and music with this sound technology.
Advanced Sound Optimization with YPAO™ - R.S.C.
This technology analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound. It employs Reflected Sound Control (R.S.C.) to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds
Discrete Amp Configuration
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimize distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry. They house ultra-high performance 384 kHz/32-bit DACs, also with independent power supplies. These support in reproducing audio for high resolution sound sources without noise. Moreover, a new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
"Alexa, turn up the volume." With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The receiver offers full compatibility with Amazon's range of voice control devices, using the Smart Home skill and MusicCast skill to play music, link rooms, and more. Welcome to the smart home.
Second Room Sound
This feature, also known as Intelligent Amp Assign, allows users to enjoy stereo sound in a second room. When Zone 2 is turned on, the two surround back channels in a 7.1-channel system will be redirected to the two speakers in Zone 2, while giving the Main Zone 5.1 channels of power. Thanks to this feature, there’s no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the AV receiver.
Enjoy music from your vinyl collection through the phono input terminal.
• Channels: 7.2
• Rated output power: 125 watts (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven, 0.9%THD), 90 watts (8 ohms 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channels driven, 0.06%THD)
• Maximum effective output: 150 watts (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 channel driven, 10% THD)(JEITA)
• Surround sound processing: CINEMA DSP, Dialog Level Adjustment, Virtual Presence Speaker, Virtual Surround Back Speaker, Dialogue Lift, SILENT Cinema / Virtual CINEMA DSP
• Decoding format: Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS Express, DTS, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
• Post decoding format: Dolby Surround, DTS Neo: 6 Music, DTS Neo: 6 Cinema, Neural:X
• File format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz/24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz/24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz/32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
• Audio features: Pure Direct (with video on mode), Compressed Music Enhancer (includes enhancer for Bluetooth), YPAO sound optimization (R.S.C.), YPAO Volume, Adaptive Dynamic Range Control, Bi-Amp capability
• DAC: Burr-Brown 384 kHz/32-bit DAC x 4 for main zone
• Video features: 4K UltraHD Video (include 4K/60, 50 Hz 10/12-bit), 3D Video, 4K Ultra HD pass-through upscaling (4K / 60p / 4:4:4), HDMI 3D pass-through, HDMI eARC (via future firmware update), ARC (Audio Return Channel), HDMI Control (CEC), HDMI upscaling (1080p HDMI → 4K HDMI), Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip-Sync
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Airplay, MusicCast Surround, Bluetooth
• HDMI in / out: 5 / 2 (HDCP 2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
• Digital audio optical in / out: 2 / 0
• Digital audio coaxial in / out: 2 / 0
• Analog audio in / out: 4 (front 1) / 0
• Component video in / out: 1 / 0
• Composite video in / out: 1 / 0
• Phono input: 1
• Preout: 2.2-channel
• App control: iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, tablet
• Power supply: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
• Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤ 0.1W
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 14-7/8" (with antenna: 17-1/8" x 9-3/4" x 14-7/8")