QSC RMX 850a
The recently facelifted RMXa Series power amplifiers continue QSC's tradition of value, audio performance, and bulletproof reliability.
- Compact size
- 1/4" (6.3mm) TRS, XLR and barrier strip balance inputs
- Binding post and Neutrik Speakon® outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- No changes in performance from the popular RMX series
The new RMXa Series amplifiers from QSC offer true professional quality performance at a new affordable price. This power amplifier's compact chassis is only 2 rack spaces high and less than 16" deep. XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs and Neutrik Speakon® and binding post outputs allow users a convenient choice of connectors, while user-defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filters optimize sonic performance.
Muscular Power Plant
The power supply is the heart of an amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMXa uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amp to effortlessly punch out high level transients, even when driving abusive 2 ohm speaker loads.
RMXa amplifiers deliver true studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion (<0.05% THD) and a ruler-flat frequency response. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling QSC to pack up to 2,400 watts of power in a chassis only 2 rack spaces and less than 16" deep. And unlike other designs, RMXa output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling.
• Power output, stereo mode (EIA 1 kHz, both channels driven): 200 watts x 2 (8 ohms); 300 watts x 2 (4 ohms); 430 watts x 2 (2 ohms) • Power output, bridged mono mode (EIA 1 kHz): 600 watts x 1 (8 ohms); 830 watts x 1 (4 ohms) • Distortion (typical): <0.01% • S/N ratio (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 ohms): 100 dB • Input sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.15V • Voltage gain @ 8 ohms: 31.6x (30 dB) • Output circuitry: Class AB • Dimensions: 3.5" (2RU) H x 19" W x 15.9" D • Weight: 35 lbs.