Dayton Audio RSS265HE-22 10" Reference Series High Excursion Subwoofer 2+2 ohm
Dayton Audio’s RSS265HE-22 10" Reference Series high excursion dual voice coil subwoofer sets a new standard for controlled bass response from small enclosures. With a rigid aluminum cone, large copper shorting ring, and thick aluminum sleeve the RSS265HE-22 delivers ultra low distortion. A 3” voice coil, massive motor assembly, and 25 mm Xmax gives it the capability to produce remarkable output levels. This massive 10” is perfect for anyone looking for maximum low frequency response, earth shaking impact, and incredibly clean output.
- Designed for maximum excursion and extended low frequency response from small enclosures
- Copper ring and thick aluminum sleeve minimize inductance to deliver ultra-low distortion
- Large 3” diameter voice coil is wound on a spiral cut aluminum former allowing high power handling
- Thick aluminum cone and dustcap improves heat dissipation to keep power compression under control
- Optimized venting for maximum airflow across the voice coil with extremely quiet operation
- Dual spiders and high roll surround reduce rocking modes during high displacement
- Dual 2 ohm voice coils give you the ability to get maximum power out of most amplifiers
Car audio recommended alignments:
- • Sealed (maximum sound quality): 0.53 cubic ft. (gross internal, including driver) for an f3 of 60 Hz with a Qtc of .54
- • Vented (maximum SPL): 1.5 cubic ft. (gross internal, including driver and ports) tuned to 40 Hz, with 2 x 3” diameter x 16” long flared vents, for an f3 of 32 Hz with a +6 dB peak at 42 Hz.
Home theater/stereo recommended alignments:
- • Sealed (home theater/music): .70 cubic ft. (gross internal, including driver) for an f3 of 60 Hz, f10 of 29 Hz with a Qtc of 0.50
- • Vented (home theater/music): 2.37 cubic ft. (gross internal, including driver and port) tuned to 23 Hz, with 1 4” diameter x 29” long flared vent, for an f3 of 21 Hz
- • Infinite Baffle: Not recommended
Nominal Diameter - 10"
Power Handling (RMS) - 800 Watts
Power Handling (MAX) - 1600 Watts
Impedance - 4Ω
Frequency Response - 25 to 900Hz
Sensitivity - 84.9dB 2.83V/1m
Voice Coil Diameter - 3.01"